Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Keep her in your thoughts & prayers

Yesterday I took my mom for a colonoscopy. They brought me back to the recovery room. At this point I'm thinking that we're gonna head out of there and get some lunch since mom hadn't really eaten for a while. Well, the doc comes out and tells me they found a polyp. It was a pretty big one, too. So needless to say, she's going into surgery today at 130 for a hemicolectomy. It's tough trying to be the stron g one for the fam. And it's tough seeing how it is to be on this side of the nurse-patient relationship as the patient's family member. I'm sure the surgery will go well, and we'll see where we as a family need to go from there once we figure out what exactly is going on. So please just keep her in your thoughts. Thanks.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oh my gosh! I'll definitely be thinking about your mom and your entire family!